PDA

View Full Version : Need to buy a reservation/booking system?

rph105
06-05-2008, 12:21 PM
got a mate who needs a hotel booking system, something really simple and basic for his hotel, do you know any systems that he can buy, or any good systems he can buy and then code his css on top of it?

wants it to be really basic and simple, not too advanced, just enough so people can make bookings online 24/7 and a management system so he can see the payments coming through etc.

Sorry dont know too much about this stuff.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

domedia
06-05-2008, 01:00 PM
wants it to be really basic and simple, not too advanced, just enough so people can make bookings online 24/7 and a management system so he can see the payments coming through etc. Uh.. 'simple'? No such thing.. Do you have any ideas what goes into an online booking system? :-) Keep in mind the current point of sale system, a virtual merchant account, SSL and security etc. He should hire a consultant or agency that has experience with the advanced nature of an online booking system.

Bailenforcer
06-05-2008, 03:01 PM
got a mate who needs a hotel booking system, something really simple and basic for his hotel, do you know any systems that he can buy, or any good systems he can buy and then code his css on top of it?

wants it to be really basic and simple, not too advanced, just enough so people can make bookings online 24/7 and a management system so he can see the payments coming through etc.

Sorry dont know too much about this stuff.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I am new to web design, but I been in the Telecom and Hotel property management (PMS) software engineering for 31 years so I will recommend a few and you tell me is any fit..

http://www.resortdata.com

http://www.rezovation.com/

those two are extremely popular in the USA many of my 200 hotel clients use either of the two.

I have quite a few using rezovations in everything from small mom and pop motels to Best westerns, Travel lodges, econolodge, and even some bigger brand Hotels.

I hope this helps..

Rezovations works as a stand alone, or integrated with the telephone system (PMS), and also can link a web site Booking engine to the aforementioned.

domedia
06-05-2008, 05:07 PM
The agency I work for specialize in the hospitality industry, so I can echo what Bailenforcer is saying. If you want to use a third party system, these are good options although resortdata is starting to look a little archaic. This is not the same as "good systems he can buy and then code his css on top of it", but probably a better fit for your friend.

Bailenforcer
06-05-2008, 07:49 PM
The agency I work for specialize in the hospitality industry, so I can echo what Bailenforcer is saying. If you want to use a third party system, these are good options although resortdata is starting to look a little archaic. This is not the same as "good systems he can buy and then code his css on top of it", but probably a better fit for your friend.

I had quite a few Hotels opt for the Rezovations products because their web masters liked them.