PDA

View Full Version : Text not aligning

fishinabox
05-28-2008, 08:23 PM
I am creating a list of members in a site for a Writers Group. I have created
4 absolute positioned columns. The columns are for name, address. phone number, email respectively. However in author mode the names of members align with the top line of the address. However in reader mode things are going out of alignment as you can see. Can anyone tell me why this is.

Also I know the thing these days is to use css but would it not be ok to use a table for such lists.

http://www.fishinabox.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/TettenhallWriters/Members/members.html

Thanks for any help

Andromeda
05-29-2008, 04:35 AM
I'm not sure why they don't align but if you had a seperate row for each contact - it might be one way to fix the problem.

Yes, a non table layout does seem the way to go but on the site I've just finished somehow a few tables have sneaked in :roll:. Please DON'T SHOOT ME PEOPLES!!

Just an observation - If you're putting people's names and contact details on the web then it's probably a good idea to check with them first - but you've probably thought about that anyway!

fishinabox
05-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the feedback. It seems a bit more long winded to create a column for each entry but I'll give it my consideration.

Yes I have considered permision from people before putting their name on the web etc but thanks for menitioning it.

Maybe I will use a table???

domedia
05-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Yes, not that far away from tabular data..