PDA

View Full Version : I need help

qpid34
05-26-2008, 12:26 AM
:confused: :confused: Hey,
i really need your help:
1. i created 6 pages ( designed the index page only).
what do i have to do if i want all the other pages to look the same as the index page???
2. I'm linking the pages together, but i see squares around the buttons.WHY???????
Tnx much,

Sean:confused:

edbr
05-26-2008, 01:35 AM
make templates or copy your index as blank then use it to make others , but only if you are not planning to change your basic deign, which is unlikely.

As for the squares around your links , you will have to be more specific but i would geuss it is the attribute of a: on your links,

qpid34
05-26-2008, 01:51 AM
make templates or copy your index as blank then use it to make others , but only if you are not planning to change your basic deign, which is unlikely.

As for the squares around your links , you will have to be more specific but i would geuss it is the attribute of a: on your links,

I desigen the index page, now have 5 pages blank (about us, contact us etc). i want to make all the other pages the same layout as the index page.

as for the squares, when i link the buttons, then check it on the browser, i see frame\square, aroung each button.

edbr
05-26-2008, 03:15 AM
as i said using templates will enable you to change 1 file which will update pages made from that template.
re links it is probably the a attribute as I said. a link. You can change tha appearance of links in your css section in DW, or better yet read up on css.
It could be a border to an image though so when i said be more specific you will have to post some code or a live link if it is online.

qpid34
05-26-2008, 04:31 AM
as i said using templates will enable you to change 1 file which will update pages made from that template.
re links it is probably the a attribute as I said. a link. You can change tha appearance of links in your css section in DW, or better yet read up on css.
It could be a border to an image though so when i said be more specific you will have to post some code or a live link if it is online.

to be honest, i don't understand what you wrote..

edbr
05-26-2008, 05:22 AM
ok no prob!
re templates
you will have to look in the help section of DW, basically it is a template (.dwt file) that you make as your basic page. you add into it some editable regions. these will be the sections that are different on each page. then each new page you make from the template this will change when you make any changes to the template , This is a bit simplified bur the help section will explain better than i can.

as for links
links are a tags and are coded like this<a href="page.html">Link text </a>, there are also different states hover,visited. these have different designs
ie, plain text with underline, white when you move your cursor over them , and blue when you have used this link. this can be changed to your own design. again help will explain better.

If it is the link that is putting the borber around your buttons that is.Hope that helps

qpid34
05-26-2008, 06:27 AM
ok no prob!
re templates
you will have to look in the help section of DW, basically it is a template (.dwt file) that you make as your basic page. you add into it some editable regions. these will be the sections that are different on each page. then each new page you make from the template this will change when you make any changes to the template , This is a bit simplified bur the help section will explain better than i can.

as for links
links are a tags and are coded like this<a href="page.html">Link text </a>, there are also different states hover,visited. these have different designs
ie, plain text with underline, white when you move your cursor over them , and blue when you have used this link. this can be changed to your own design. again help will explain better.

If it is the link that is putting the borber around your buttons that is.Hope that helps

Thank you very much,
appreciate it,