PDA

View Full Version : Background align issue

swift098
05-23-2008, 04:02 AM
Hi, I'm a bit of a noob at dream weaver still but I'm learning and I need some help. I'm attempting to make it so that the background of my page is centered with my table. My background image is 1400px wide, and I want the center of the image to align to the table, while it all is centered to the page.

This is no advertisement attempt, but I got the idea from this sites layout, http://www.bittbox.com/. Resize the page to see what I mean.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

edbr
05-23-2008, 05:36 AM
if you look at the page source you will see that the page is formed using divisions not tables , make you image the background image of a div. 1400 seems pretty wide by the way

Andromeda
05-23-2008, 06:11 AM
if you look at the page source you will see that the page is formed using divisions not tables , make you image the background image of a div. 1400 seems pretty wide by the way

But even if swift does that, how can the background image be centered? Usually a background image starts at the top left.

Cary
05-23-2008, 06:38 AM
Sounds like you just need to center the background image on the body using CSS, something like this:

body {
background:url("background.jpg") no-repeat center top;
}

or

body {
background:url("background.jpg") repeat-y center top;
}

edbr
05-23-2008, 06:48 AM
But even if swift does that, how can the background image be centered? Usually a background image starts at the top left.

I was meaning he could then centre the division, just forgot to add that bit:confused:

swift098
05-23-2008, 08:36 PM
ok. so putting all of it inside of a div seemed to work, i set the left and right margins to auto and that worked as well.

I actually have a new problem, but since i already have this help topic i might aswell ask here.

The file i'm creating is actually my template. Its odd though because when i make an html from the template, only the div/tables appear while the images and background images disappear/ are deleted.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

btw thanks for help on previous problem :)

edbr
05-26-2008, 01:26 AM
probably the paths, inage links in the template from the template folder reading ../images/abc.jpg where in the pages should read images/abc.jpg.
Just a guess