PDA

View Full Version : A sad day through out the world

neonfluxx
05-22-2008, 04:16 AM
I know that it ended bad here but I know he had some friends left here.

Ken Polson a.k.a. Creative Insanity has passed away on May 20th at 11:15pm.

He left here on not so great terns but he always meant well. He was a grumpy guy at times but always came around at the end. I became very good friends with CI over the last few years and I was very honored to have been able to speak with him in the last few days of his life. He was suffering from cancer and would not let it get the best of him. I know he will rest in peace and with the love of all.

I learned so much from him. I became a real web developer due to his teachings. I will miss my friend, I will miss a fellow developer, I will mis a good man.

Rest In Peace CI, We will never forget.

Your Friend
NeonFlux

:cry::cry::cry:

domedia
05-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Ken was very passionate and few that was around this forum when he was posting here will forget him. His forum style was unique, sometimes controversial, and he always called a spade a spade, he hated bullshit. His honesty and sincere bluntness was a genuine characteristic of him. These characteristics made him cross paths with moderators of many a forum, but Ken never compromised, he always stayed true. Rest in Peace.

Andromeda
05-23-2008, 05:50 AM
Very very sad. And to think he used to live about 10 minutes drive from me and I never did get to meet him!

At one point he talked about moving to USA. Anyone know whether he did?

neonfluxx
05-23-2008, 06:08 AM
No he never did and he died with his family in NZ.

edbr
05-23-2008, 06:27 AM
please pass my condolences to his family if you are in any contact with them. I for one am sad to hear this.
grumpy or no , he was always very willing to help us struggling to understand something and gave his time selflessly

Jittor
05-23-2008, 03:05 PM
I too got to know CI very well over the past few years. He taught me much of what I know about CSS and more. At one time he talked about moving to Florida, which is where am at, so it would have been cool to meet, but then he learned of his cancer.

I was just talking to him last week, but you know Ken, he would never let you know anything was wrong. I am very sad to learn that he has passed, Ken and his family have been in my prayers since he told me about his cancer. He will always be a part of my history as he taught me much and helped me move on to the next step in my life.

I will miss you Ken, Creative Insanity, Teacher, and our grumpy but always helpful friend!

ranjan
05-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Ken was great! I'll miss him :(

Phiretrojan
04-25-2009, 07:09 AM
hi Guys, Wow i just came across this, my name is Alec,

I'm Ken's son, i really miss the bugger, and yes alot of people say he was a rough diamond - and that roughness gets you somewhere, my dad tried to get me into programming and i didn't like it, but he kind of forced me into it when i was around 14yr old, I'm 31 now and I'm a internet developer for Telecom New zealand for Mobile phones, ill be moving on next year to make OS systems for phones... i own my father lots where he got me today, he had a lot of people that hated him and then there was lot would loved him, he didnt care.. he had the "miss with me, you'll know about it" its been just about 2 years on his death.... and i still have <yes men can cry> my moment sometimes...

i was just glad he still made it to my wedding that was the biggest thing in my life i wanted to see happen and he made it .... =)

god rest in peace dad..

Phiretrojan
04-25-2009, 07:13 AM
I too got to know CI very well over the past few years. He taught me much of what I know about CSS and more. At one time he talked about moving to Florida, which is where am at, so it would have been cool to meet, but then he learned of his cancer.

I was just talking to him last week, but you know Ken, he would never let you know anything was wrong. I am very sad to learn that he has passed, Ken and his family have been in my prayers since he told me about his cancer. He will always be a part of my history as he taught me much and helped me move on to the next step in my life.

I will miss you Ken, Creative Insanity, Teacher, and our grumpy but always helpful friend!

yea my father was talking a lot about moving to Florida for some job or something then some shit happen with that person, i was f king pissed off , and wanted to know who did it ...... father always takes things for real, i told him a few times .. i wanted to go over for him, check it if it was for real, i was thinking this is to good to be true, but my dad was like naa its all good, this guy wouldn't lie to me i have known him for ages.....

you cant trust people over the internet if they are offering a job or someshit....

davidj
04-25-2009, 09:19 AM
hi mate

me and Ken ruled the roost here for a while

it was a good place to hang out

Shame that person who let your dad down isnt around anymore. Maybe thats for the best.

Its brilliant that your dad got you into development. Im sure he would be very proud.

edbr
04-25-2009, 11:03 AM
hi mate , no words can mean much for your loss, but your dad was very important in helping me learn a lot too.
grumpy , maybe to me just very down to earth, honest and gave his time and knowledge freely to any one who needed help and would learn.
I still think of him at times if that means anything at all