PDA

View Full Version : Email Verifier for spam?

student101
05-21-2008, 09:07 PM
I am looking for a free email verifier.
I had one in the past, not sure what the name was (otherwise I wouldn't be here...) that wouldn't allow me to get the email unless the user has entered a special key or code to get validated/verified and that they really want to email me.

I can't remember the exact terms but it was an automatic reply that asked the sender to do something to allow the mail to reach me.

Any ideas?

Cheers

student101
05-22-2008, 06:10 AM
Maybe my google abilities are not that good anymore?

student101
05-22-2008, 02:23 PM
It seems that this is one topic that nobody understands or maybe my question is wrong?

domedia
05-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Sounds like CAPTCHA. It's a technique to verify that the person using your form is human.

student101
05-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Not really, the user has to reply to the second email in order to be added to the whitelist.
This system assumes (unless told) that everyone is a spammer or spambot and must reply to the second mail.

If I can explain a bit more...
It's a service that runs on your pc locally and checks your pop or imap mail.
If you are in the whitelist => the mail gets delivered
If you aren't in the whitelist you get sent a verification email, when you reply => you get added into the whitelist.
Basically the spam stopper/blocker checks to see if you are a real person.

http://www.death2spam.net is a great service but it's not my preference.

Cheers

student101
05-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Got it, spamPEPPER

Thanks and cheers

domedia
05-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Ah nice one.
One concern though.. you will have people that will ignore the request (you would think?), and thus you get no email.. :-/

edbr
05-23-2008, 05:50 AM
spam assasain does the same but it was not popular with customers, i just use captcha and spam filters to bring it to a reasonable amount of spam,

student101
05-23-2008, 06:40 AM
Ah nice one.
One concern though.. you will have people that will ignore the request (you would think?), and thus you get no email.. :-/
The less mail the better, it goes well with "no news is good news"

I would have to register all the valid domains / users, then it's safe mailing.

Cheers