PDA

View Full Version : Gradient Background Repeat

jon015
05-21-2008, 06:06 PM
I want a gradient background. I have read a few tutorials on this and all sounds fairly simple, but I cannot get it to repeat in dreamweaver. I have tried a one pixel slice and a 10 pixel slice, but I cannot get to repeat, tried the x, y and repeat options. I can see the slice when I open he layout in my browser, but it sits right at the bottom, but just the single slice? Thanks

Death Dream
05-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Are you using CSS?

body {
background: url(ImageLocation/Gradient.jpg) repeat-x;
}

Should be no reason why it is not working. What is the image you are using?

~Death Dream~

jon015
05-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Are you using CSS?

body {
background: url(ImageLocation/Gradient.jpg) repeat-x;
}

Should be no reason why it is not working. What is the image you are using?

~Death Dream~

No tables, I'm doing it through the page properties in the property inspector. Its just a sliced image from a gradient I did in fireworks, it's a jpeg. Thanks

Death Dream
05-21-2008, 08:09 PM
No tables, I'm doing it through the page properties in the property inspector. Its just a sliced image from a gradient I did in fireworks, it's a jpeg. Thanks

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8187/pagepropertieszo0.gif

~Death Dream~

jon015
05-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Realised the problem, I was exporting the canvas not the slice, sorry it's been a long day! Got it sorted, only thing it does not look very nice, you can see the lines for every step in the gradient colour. I have seen this effect done loads and you can never see the lines in the gradient?

domedia
05-21-2008, 09:12 PM
There's nothing stopping you from using the code DD gave you above in a table :)

domedia
05-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Realised the problem, I was exporting the canvas not the slice, sorry it's been a long day! Got it sorted, only thing it does not look very nice, you can see the lines for every step in the gradient colour. I have seen this effect done loads and you can never see the lines in the gradient?
Save the gradient as a JPG instead of gif