PDA

View Full Version : Directories

bluey
05-16-2008, 12:28 AM
THE BACKGROUND:

I have my main URL and have hosting with that. Also i have another URL that is parked on the same hosting so i don't have to have hosting again.

THE PROBLEM:

I have created a page on the second URL within a sub folder so the / will determine the direction of the site.

When i type in my url www.phatads.com.au/ner - it reverts back to my main url????

When i type in www.phatads.com.au/ner/ (the difference being the extra /) - it goes through and shows no reference to my main hosting name (which is what i want).

Can i get it so you don't have to put in the extra / as this will be eaiser when telling the client to view the page plus it will keep my main domain out of the url.

been playing around with this for while, got me stumped...

Cheers Guys

bluey
05-20-2008, 02:50 AM
OK - just read my message and i didn't understand it. no wonder no-one didn't reply.

** When running 2 sites off the same hosting you don't need the www folder for the second site. This is only for the main site. (the second site sits within the first)

** The second site can sit at the ../ level and you can have sub folders and files as per normal.

**Check your 'remote view' for duplicate folders and make sure that the local view and the remote are the same.

** explain your self better when posting messages