PDA

View Full Version : linking drop down lists to tags...

cepaco
05-13-2008, 06:41 AM
hello i am new to dreamweaver and i am a teacher trying to help my kids by making an interactive website for their science revision.

my problem is the following.

the question asks the student what part of the human body is this? (heart)

the student then selects the correct answer from a drop down menu.
My problem is, i can't seem to link the correct answer to the 'correct' image. i have tried using the behaviours tab and 'onmouse click => appear' but this then means that any of the answers selected will make the 'correct' image appear.

i want to know how i can set it up so that when the correct answer is selected the 'correct image' shows and when an incorrect answer is selected the 'incorrect image' shows.

your help is greatly appreciated....

Rob_Che
05-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Hey Cepaco, welcome to the forum... Interesting site you're setting up there.

Have you tried the "swap image" behaviour ?
You could have the picture of the heart as image 1.
Then image 2 "wrong!" is set to swap in it's place for all cells except the heart option which would show image 3 "Correct!"

Just an idea... let us know how you get on.

Rob

cepaco
05-15-2008, 12:54 AM
i have tried to swap the image and the same is still happening. each time i select a part of the body the 'correct' tag shows regardless of whether the answer is right or wrong. i have added the code, so hopefully this will help. i want it so one answer shows the 'correct' tag, while the others show the 'incorrect tag when selected.

<td width="152"><select name="jumpMenu" size="1" id="jumpMenu" onchange="MM_showHideLayers('apDiv12','','show')">
<option selected="selected">Gallbladder</option>
<option>Stomach</option>
<option>Esophagus</option>
<option>Duodenum</option>
<option>Ileum</option>
<option>Appendix</option>
<option>Liver</option>
<option>Anus</option>
<option>Colon</option>
<option>Large Intestine</option>
<option>Jejunum</option>
<option>Pancreas</option>