PDA

View Full Version : search replace whitespace notepad++

Don_P
05-12-2008, 06:18 PM
I have designed a website in dreamweaver using css. I am trying to learn HTML and after that will move on to php.

I am going through osme video instructions for html and I am dealing with  . I have a html file open in notepad++ and want to use the search and replace feature to replace all spaces with  . In the video instruction he uses regular expressions for find as '/s+' for spaces and '/ ' for the replace.

I have clicked the regular expression for the replace function and clicked the selection. It replaces just the character s with /  when I try this in notepad++.

Anyone any ideas?

Cary
05-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Where can we see this tutorial?

Edit: If you want to keep lines from wrapping you can use the "white-space: nowrap" styling.

Don_P
05-13-2008, 02:50 PM
it is from lynda.com - learning html

pete
05-13-2008, 06:21 PM
I have designed a website in dreamweaver using css. I am trying to learn HTML and after that will move on to php.

I am going through osme video instructions for html and I am dealing with  . I have a html file open in notepad++ and want to use the search and replace feature to replace all spaces with  . In the video instruction he uses regular expressions for find as '/s+' for spaces and '/ ' for the replace.

I have clicked the regular expression for the replace function and clicked the selection. It replaces just the character s with /  when I try this in notepad++.

Anyone any ideas?
Surely the regex should be '\s' and not '/s'. I just tried this on TextWrangler which is my editor of choice on Mac and it works as expected.