PDA

View Full Version : What else can i do with dreamweaver?

ayok
05-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Hi there,

I've known dreamweaver for about 3 years. I really like how dreamweaver provide wysiwyg (or something like that) for designer. As I work alone for a website, I also need to know php, css, and other scripts like javascript etc. So I also do script with dreamweaver in code view. Therefore, I also know a little bit about how to write a php script and mysql to create, for example, a dynamic table or insert/modify data page.

However, a couple weeks ago I just found a tutorial about how to create application such as guestbook, or login page, without knowing about scripting! I've been using dreamweaver for three years, but i just found this feature.. I know dreamweaver can help us (the designer) to create css, javascript, without knowing such codes, but php?

I found that dreamweaver can make mysql table, insert/modify/delete page, paging, and create restricted page. But... is there anything more that dreamweaver can do for php?

Thanks,

ayok

davidj
05-12-2008, 06:30 AM
if you click the code button in Dream weaver turns into a NOTE PAD for adding thoughts of the day or shopping lists, then simply save them off as a snippet and you can use it as a personal organiser! or even an Office App

just joking...

You have an interest in the web but imagine what you would be able to do if you understood javascript or PHP by writing fantastic applications. By being able to understand the language would release you from the ties you have with dreamweaver and others.

if you want to give it a go try the tutorials in my signature