PDA

View Full Version : Forms in DW

Karkar
05-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Hey all.

I was just wanting to create a simple form where you just enter your name and when you press submit it sends to my email. Is there a simple instruction for this? I need to do it by tomorrow... i have no idea when it comes to this stuff. If possible appreciate the help :-)

kind regards,
k.

Rob_Che
05-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Do you want to learn how it's done or just 'do it' ?

There are people to do both round here :wink:

student101
05-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Hey all.

I was just wanting to create a simple form where you just enter your name and when you press submit it sends to my email. Is there a simple instruction for this? I need to do it by tomorrow... i have no idea when it comes to this stuff. If possible appreciate the help :-)
kind regards,
k.

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-php-form.php
Next time search or click some links, like Tutorials and Articles maybe.
Cheers

Karkar
05-10-2008, 10:48 PM
I don;t want to learn to do it - i need it done today. And setting up mysql and php isn't gonna happen in the next couple hours - and learning the script neither haha I suck big time!

If there is simpler javascript that I can obtain perhaps?

Thans for the help guys

edit: i am well aware of the php tutorials, but php is not an option right now :-P

Rob_Che
05-10-2008, 11:05 PM
I sent you 2 free email form script links in reply to your (rather abrupt) email.
You are not going to get simpler than those I'm afraid.

I used Bellmailer as the basis for mine here (http://www.perfectpixels.biz/PP%20Mailer/mailer.php) - You only have to change about 3 things... and there's a guide enclosed in the zip.

Is this a a paid job you're doing ?

Karkar
05-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Please excuse my abruptness - rather stressful times at the moment :-( . I'm unsure of what you sent me or where? But I thank you none the less :-)

It's not a paid job, but it's for my mum and she needs it for something she's doing.

Thanks alot for you help

Rob_Che
05-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Did you get my email ?
I'll post the links too...

student101
05-10-2008, 11:35 PM
I don;t want to learn to do it - i need it done today. And setting up mysql and php isn't gonna happen in the next couple hours - and learning the script neither haha I suck big time!
Why don't you want to learn how to this works?
You don't want PHP is it ASP then?

Cheers

davidj
05-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Why don't you want to learn how to this works?

student...

the guy wants someone to do this for him

cut-n-paste fashion

there are allot of guys like this out there. I have had some heated posts on this subject and decided a long time ago that i wont respond to these requests. Why would i write a solution for someone who is not wanting to learn. Whats in it for me?

Rob_Che
05-11-2008, 01:46 PM
I can see both sides of this unfortunately.

I've been there. I need a form on a site and just want it there, don't care how. My excuse for this is that I thought it was the only time I would ever need it, HOWEVER, I browsed for a form with a tut and followed it so at least I could trouble shoot it.

On the other hand I would now want to know how it works (and I'd want the code to be neat!)... I'd want to think I could post a query with some knowledge...

Rob

davidj
05-11-2008, 03:22 PM
i want a BMW M5 but its not going to happen unless i stump up the cheddar required by the dealership

so with that concept in mind I'm now a PHP dealership.

Rob_Che
05-11-2008, 03:59 PM
haha... Maybe he just wants a test drive ?
You know... with DavidJ driving !?

student101
05-11-2008, 05:25 PM
student...
the guy wants someone to do this for him

cut-n-paste fashion

there are allot of guys like this out there. I have had some heated posts on this subject and decided a long time ago that i wont respond to these requests. Why would i write a solution for someone who is not wanting to learn. Whats in it for me?
I had to learn the easy way (RTFM) - it's so easy once you learn how to do something.:-D

I too have no time for lazy (just give the code please, I can ask but wont read) people.:roll:

It's actually a joke to think that people just want & they wont give (even of their own time) just to to learn how things are done.:(

Cheers