PDA

View Full Version : behaviours & Pop up windows in Firefox!!!

bluey
05-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi,

I am having issues with assigning a new browser window to an image. I think i have done it right as it works in IE but just goes to a new tab in firefox??? Also for some reason in IE it has put a border round my image although i have all my links turned to white?

I have assigned a # symbol in the link box and in my browser window i have the html page with the correct size of window?

Can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong. The address is

www.simonburrus.com

click on the enter flash first in IE then in Firefox and hopefully you will know what i mean. Thanks for helping a newbie....

Rob_Che
05-06-2008, 07:11 PM
I am having issues with assigning a new browser window to an image. I think i have done it right as it works in IE but just goes to a new tab in firefox???

This is a firefox setting... it opens a new window on my FF (although I wish it wouldn't :wink:

Also for some reason in IE it has put a border round my image although i have all my links turned to white?

You need to remove with css...

a img
{
border:0
}
img
{
border:0
} Hope that helps...
Rob

domedia
05-06-2008, 08:38 PM
img {border: 0;}
should be sufficient, no?

Rob_Che
05-07-2008, 06:46 AM
You would have thought so... not sure where that came from :rolleyes:

bluey
05-12-2008, 12:38 PM
also helps to have the java script enabled in your tools within firefox.......ahem :)

Rob_Che
05-12-2008, 01:03 PM
also helps to have the java script enabled in your tools within firefox.......ahem :)

Them's the problems with these tricks...
Do you NEED to open up new window ? If you do can you set it to auto close maybe?
(very handy if you're opening a new one every time...)

<script language="javascript">
<!--
setTimeout("self.close();",10000)
//-->
</script>

The pink figure denotes the time lapse before close.

d a v e
05-12-2008, 01:12 PM
i would be careful about using a self closing window for anyone using a screen reader for example... all of a sudden your window disappears and you don't know where you are!