PDA

View Full Version : website designed in flash and I need help

moondog
05-01-2008, 01:19 AM
I have a friend who has asked me if I can update his webpages and keep them updated for him. I have been able to download the webpages, however, I have no idea how to get into them to change anything. They are not in Dreamweaver per se and were NOT designed by me originally. The pages are Flash.

I have no idea what to look for to see if I can change the text (as that is most of what would EVER need to be updated).

Can anyone help?

Thanks

dog

paispais
05-01-2008, 03:04 AM
If it is an embedded flash file, then you'll need flash to make the updates. If you have flash, use it to open the embedded fla file. From there you can make the updates/change that are needed. After the changes are done, publish the file and upload the swf file onto the server.

moondog
05-01-2008, 03:22 AM
I can't find the embedded .fla file .... how would I find it? Of all the files I have 2 .swf files, but can't find an .fla. I'm not TOTALLY new to Flash, but pretty close.
Thanks for the help so far.

dog

domedia
05-01-2008, 01:15 PM
There is no embedded flash file on a webpage.
Just like we use PSD files in Photoshop to create a JPG, in Flash you use FLA files to create SWF files.

You need to get a hgold of the original FLA file, either from the original creato of the site or the site owner to change the flash.

paispais
05-01-2008, 01:31 PM
There is no embedded flash file on a webpage.
Just like we use PSD files in Photoshop to create a JPG, in Flash you use FLA files to create SWF files.

You need to get a hgold of the original FLA file, either from the original creato of the site or the site owner to change the flash.

Oh yeah, that's right. My bad, what was I thinking, sorry. The swf file is the one embedded and the fla is the main file that you will need to update. If you don't have the fla file then I don't think there is anything you can do to make updates.

edbr
05-02-2008, 01:05 AM
ji saw somewhere on the net that there is decompilers that can convert swf files to fla. might be a con though i have no idea if they work

chriskq
05-02-2008, 01:07 AM
if you can't get a hold of the orginal fla you might be able to use a decompiler to make the swf output the orginal .fla file.

it will not be what the orginal fla file was like, but if you just need to make text changes and not animation changes that should suffice.

folks over at flashden should be able to reccomend a decent shareware or freeware decompiler

Ricky55
05-02-2008, 03:16 PM
The best swf decomplier is sothink decompler.

You can download it here
http://www.sothink.com/product/flashdecompiler/

This will allow you to import the embedded SWF file but as someone else said it won't create a perfect FLA which is the file that you edit in flash.

If the file is quite simple then it may be OK but if its a complex flash doc the decomplier won't create a perfect FLA not without some input from you.

The decompliers are really more for viewing action script code than reproducing FLA's from SWF's

Your best bet would be to speak to your mate and get the FLA's from him.