PDA

View Full Version : create archive?

Don_P
04-30-2008, 12:36 AM
Hi all. I am getting close to fnishing the website I am working on. I need to know how to do the following though;

basicially there will be an archive of all the news related to this record company. I want to know how to create a news section which will show the most recent news first and past news on later pages.

ifor instance, if i was to click on the news section of the website, it would show me the most recent news of say about five articles with links to previous pages of older news.

I have no idea about how to go about this. If it is complex, please give me some general guidance as to the subjects to look over in order to complete.

edbr
04-30-2008, 01:29 AM
going out on a skinny limb here.
if php in your select statement then order by date, limit 5, and echo the articles.
then maybe a second select with limit 5,30 , echoing a link to them.
better ways welcome!!

Don_P
04-30-2008, 03:58 AM
thanks,

i have no idea about php, but i knew it was something i was going to have to look into. I'll have to look into it more detail. If anyone else has any suggestions also, that would be great.

Cheers

edbr
04-30-2008, 06:30 AM
ah ic. i think you will be best with some form of database if you have a lot of articles ,so now would be a good time to start looking . check out davidj's tuts on this forum