PDA

View Full Version : Table, how to make content below move when i insert row

Don_P
04-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Hi everyone, just joined, new to all this.

I am making a website for my friends record label. I have setup a template with an editable region and started work on the index page.

The index page will contain tables such as latest news. Whenever I insert a row into the table, the content below stays in the same position. I want this to move with each inserted row

any ideas?

domedia
04-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Drop all the tables. They are for tabular data.
Did you look into some of the templates that ships with DW for a regular web standards website?

Don_P
04-28-2008, 06:17 PM
i did not, i while have a look just now, though the tables seemed ideal for the formatting, i.e. different colours for different sections.

Don_P
04-28-2008, 09:14 PM
okay, the template option seems a good idea, though they are white spaces below header and above footer. How can these be removed?

domedia
04-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Not sure what you're talking about :-)
Can you put this somewhere temporary on the web, or provide code?

Don_P
04-30-2008, 01:25 AM
sorry mate, i'm a complete begginner.
my background is in networking but if you know something about computers, to someone who doesnt, you are an expert. I've spent the last 36 hours or so getting familiar with it all and reading some tutorials. Still not got my head round what I need to do but getting there!

domedia
04-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Can you put your page/site on a temporary location on the web? Then we can see exactly what is happening and why you're seeing stuff that's not supposed to be there.