PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver cs3

Mattman
04-27-2008, 05:39 AM
does anyone know how i can get a text field on top of an image. I made my web page in photo shop then inserted into dreamweaver. but i can never get things to go where i want. I am new to all of this so please go easy and give it to me in baby steps.

Cary
04-27-2008, 05:51 PM
You can put the text inside a div, use padding or margins around the text to position it within the div, and use a background image with the div itself. That's one way.

Death Dream
04-30-2008, 09:02 PM
If your doing tables you can make the image a background image of the table as well. Or just the background of your site if that is what your trying to do and take off the repeats. Although tables are outdated now I guess lol.

~Death Dream~

Mattman
05-02-2008, 11:56 PM
thank you very much. any idea what i need to do to link a search so that a person can type a name in and it will search for that name. i would imagine i would need some sort of database for this and a script.

domedia
05-03-2008, 01:29 AM
What you call 'link' a search is actually a query being sent to you DB and then the result is displayed in the browser (in very simple terms). There are ways of doing this through DW's integrated support for server side languages (see the built in help files). If you want to do it proper, we also have quite a few PHP tutorials from the 'Tutorials' link on top in this site's navigation menu.