PDA

View Full Version : Dream

LoveArtist
04-23-2008, 10:11 PM
I have a dream to make a website that reviews and locates computer technicians worldwide. I am completely new to web design and dreamweaver but feel my dream could come true if i have some help. The two main components I need help on are making a sort of uploadable profile for each technician and have a system where they can be ranked on the service and price and also allow users to comment on profiles and upload their own. This project is completely non profit as I do not believe such a service should cost money. This project can be adopted by anyone, just message me and we will work together. If the admins want to make it a sort of forum project with code competitions and what not, that is fine by me. Thank you for your time, Im Cody

edbr
04-24-2008, 12:57 AM
kinda ambitious if you are new to this, Cody but good luck with it.

domedia
04-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Have a look at some of the tutorials on this site, particular the ones on server side progrmming.

Death Dream
04-24-2008, 03:11 PM
I thought this was going to be directed at me ... guess not ...

~Death Dream~

LoveArtist
04-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Lol dream, your a dream but not my dream :) Do I have to purchase a special host since theres going to programing involved?

Rob_Che
04-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Good Luck !

davidj
04-24-2008, 09:29 PM
this is your dream and operating as a none profit?

where does the revenue come from?

whats in it for the coders and where do you fit in?

whats stopping me with years of experience taking the idea and building it without you and turning it into a profit making opportunity?

LoveArtist
04-24-2008, 11:25 PM
There is nothing stoping you, if thats what you want to do, I just dont believe the profit from the site should be used in any other way than promoting the site. The idea is to make computer tech support accessible and affordible through competition, in a sense im doing the world a big favor.

LoveArtist
04-25-2008, 05:36 PM
im trying to upload to my site via ftp on dreamweaver and it says cannot make connection to host, remote host cannot be found, but im using the ftp the host company says too, should i use my domain name, rateyourtech.com or what? Any help would be much appreciated.

edbr
04-26-2008, 12:52 AM
make a new post for this

davidj
04-26-2008, 10:42 AM
The idea is to make computer tech support accessible and affordible through competition, in a sense im doing the world a big favor.

your ideas are respected here so dont worry. I just wanted to highlight the fact that the world revolves around money. If your idea has legs then you need to make a living from it. I would understand if its a charity but its not. You could offer subscription based repostory of techs...

Anyhoo its for you to evaluate.

Dont let your confidence dictate your business model.