PDA

View Full Version : adding spaces between elements of nav bar

RainForest
04-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Hello,

I'm a noobie experimenting with my first page. I've got a multiple-state nav bar set up in a cell, and I want to add space between the navigation images so they stretch across the cell, but can't find where to do this.

Any help appreciated.

RainForest
04-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Plodding along, I've tried several things to accomplish my goal, including setting up the navigation row as a table with multiple cells. This gives me the spacing that I want, but I'm not able to create the multiple-state nav bar this way. Alternately, I can insert a rollover image into each one of the cells, but that doesn't give me the multiple states that I want.

RainForest
04-24-2008, 12:45 AM
I got it - for anybody who's interested, the solution involved re-inserting the nav bar image object because once it's created, Modify Navigation Bar doesn't offer the necessary element: "use table". Dang if it didn't take me almost all day to figure it out tho!

domedia
04-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey Rainforest, welcome to the forums!
Posting a URL with your post if you need help is a guaranteed way to get a response :) It's really hard to help out with something if you do not know what is wrong.

vb_pilgrim
04-24-2008, 03:01 PM
I got it - for anybody who's interested, the solution involved re-inserting the nav bar image object because once it's created, Modify Navigation Bar doesn't offer the necessary element: "use table". Dang if it didn't take me almost all day to figure it out tho!

Hi RainForest, did you use the "visited" state? (I can't figure out why I can't figure this out... talk about a brain freeze! brrrrr)

Pilgrim