PDA

View Full Version : New Career using Dreamweaver....maybe?

ArtNmotion
04-21-2008, 02:40 AM
I have been asked if I want to learn Dreamweaver and become the new Web Designer at my workplace. Sounds like fun, but have never created Webpages, let alone using DreamWeaver.

Since I'm a visual person, are there any recommendations for DreamWeaver Video Tutorials?

Also, I noticed that there are 2 types of Dreamweaver applications, CS3 and MX. What is the difference?

I'm totally new here, so hoping for some helpful friendly advice.

-A

edbr
04-21-2008, 04:14 AM
cs2 is the latest version.

there are vids on this site plus tutorials in dreamweaver itself. good luck

Cary
04-21-2008, 05:08 AM
CS3 would be the way to go as it is the most up to date. Lynda.com also has online videos as well as instructional materials you can purchase. There are free videos here and elsewhere on the web... even some on YouTube, but I can't imagine it's easy to tell what you're looking at.

davidj
04-21-2008, 06:09 AM
I have been asked if I want to learn Dreamweaver and become the new Web Designer at my workplaceyou will enjoy learning this stuff but be warned... Your boss has a plan... A requirement... or you wouldnt have been asked

Im guessing that your going to get the following request in a month or so...

I would like an ecommerce solution with password protection and built in SMS marketing. Also would like it to do stuff like that FACE BOOK thingy.

good luck and have fun

Corrosive
04-21-2008, 06:00 PM
you will enjoy learning this stuff but be warned... Your boss has a plan... A requirement... or you wouldnt have been asked

Im guessing that your going to get the following request in a month or so...

good luck and have fun

So true!! :wink:

domedia
04-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Also remember that just purchasing Dreamweaver will not teach you much about web standards, usability, accessibility, information architecture, seo, findability, etc etc. Just like you can't purchase CAD software and expect to build nice houses without knowing anything about architecture. :-)

Knowing the web medium is imperative to making websites, Dreamweaver is just a tool, like any other editor.