PDA

View Full Version : different question on ranjan's tutorial

vb_pilgrim
04-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Hi. I got almost to the end of the tutorial with no problem... until I hit this line: "Select the transparent image within the closer layer and create a null link." What transparent image? I just created a closer layer, was I supposed to put an image in it? help. I'm really stuck here and this is the only tutorial that gets me this far. Believe me, I've read lots! ok, angst over, I'll wait for a reply. Thanks.

PS: I'm using an old version of DW, but can usually make up for the lapse in new functionality. :lol:

Cary
04-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Which tutorial is that? Where is it?

Cary
04-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Well, after scouring the tutorials (Ranjan has more than one) I found your reference in the Dreamweaver DHTML Menu (http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-dhtml-menu.php) tutorial.

I'm guessing you missed this step:

"The closer layer will hide the submenu onMouseOver. Insert a transparent 1x1 px shim image and resize it as shown below."

vb_pilgrim
04-20-2008, 01:13 AM
Sorry, I was pretty consumed with the dreamweaver drop-down tutorial & didn't think to identify it.

Thank you for your help, yes, I absolutely missed that line, and I must have stared at the page for hours! argh...

Back to the drawing board I go.

Cheers,
VB_Pilgrim