PDA

View Full Version : Browser Aligning Question

dreamweaverhelp
04-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi DW folks,

I've recently realised that, although my site aligns well in Internet Explorer, it's all over the place with Firefox and Safari. Just wondering how to ensure alignment's not affected by choice of browser. Is it just a matter of adding an invisible box with certain parameters around the content of each page?

DWH :>)

domedia
04-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi there, it depends on the circumstances. Do you have an example?

dreamweaverhelp
04-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Hi Domedia,

Here's the site...It's music-based...

http://steeleofthewhores.net/index.html

:>)

d a v e
04-19-2008, 10:18 AM
looks centred to me but why don't you put your navigation on each page? it's really clumsy how it is and you have plenty of space above

d a v e
04-19-2008, 10:19 AM
looks centred to me but why don't you put your navigation on each page? it's really clumsy how it is and you have plenty of space above

also not sure why you have it displayed as a table cell and you're not just using a plain div.

dreamweaverhelp
04-19-2008, 10:24 AM

also not sure why you have it displayed as a table cell and you're not just using a plain div.

It looks centred in Internet Explorer, but not Firefox or Safari.

d a v e
04-19-2008, 11:39 AM
it looks centred horizontally to me in firefox on windows. if you mean vertically then no it isn't for me either

dreamweaverhelp
04-19-2008, 05:03 PM
How would I go about centreing it vertically with Firefox and Safari without changing how it looks with Internet Explorer?

dreamweaverhelp
04-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Still having no luck with this. Surely there's a facility designed to make text/content uniform across all browsers. It seems such a basic thing people would want their sites to do.

domedia
04-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Looks centered vertically in my Flock (FF)

dreamweaverhelp
04-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Hmm....Just had a look at it in Flock. It looks the same as it does with Firefox and Safari. I'd like it to look the way it does in Internet Explorer; all neat, with text on each page pretty much in the centre of the screen. With those other browsers, only text on the index/home page appears centred.