PDA

View Full Version : Effects for html website

indianleo
04-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Hello friends I had seen a webiste it has lots of effects like sliding pages, fading pages, and losder for pages can u pls tell me how to do this effects and is this the only effects can be given to website what are the other effects for website

Corrosive
04-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Hello friends I had seen a webiste it has lots of effects like sliding pages, fading pages, and losder for pages can u pls tell me how to do this effects and is this the only effects can be given to website what are the other effects for website

Hi Leo

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that these would be effects created in Flash. Have a look at some free Flash menus, transition effects and tutorials on the web. Flash isn't something I've tackled yet so let me know how you get on. :-D

Rob_Che
04-16-2008, 05:57 PM
I think what Leo is referring to are pages that fade into one another or pixelate (ie; the whole page not just a section/menu)

I never want to see a site with them and therefore can't bring myself to help.

I assume they're javascript generated tho - have you googled Leo?

Rob_Che
04-16-2008, 06:00 PM
OK... here you go.
Only appear to work in IE tho.

Can I also request you don't so this? again.

d a v e
04-17-2008, 06:55 AM
it helps if you post a link to the page so we can see what you mean. if it's along the lines of the FP page transitions then just don't bother. also you'd be better learning the basics instead of messing about with the bells and whistles.

Rob_Che
04-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Sorry... the link is:
http://www.permadi.com/tutorial/iePageTransition/index.html

But as d a v e says... get the basics sorted.

indianleo
04-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Kindly check the effect given in below website

http://www.webchutney.com

d a v e
04-17-2008, 11:22 AM
the only thing i see there is a loader - no other effects at all
oh hang on - if you click one of the little squares it scrolls slowly down for you. js i assume, though i don't know how ;)

indianleo
04-22-2008, 06:39 AM
So does anyone know how to give effect like on webchutney

edbr
04-22-2008, 07:58 AM
aren't they javascript then?

pete
04-22-2008, 09:29 AM
The web chutney uses mootools lib, the following http://tobielangel.com/examples/auto-scrolling-page-navigation uses prototype.

Further info http://tobielangel.com/2007/3/11/a-fistful-of-dollars on how it is done

indianleo
05-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Dear Friend,
I had gone through the link but I am not getting which script to paste where

pete
05-21-2008, 08:08 AM
Dear Friend,
I had gone through the link but I am not getting which script to paste where

You will need to read the documentation for the mootools library if you wish to use it, you can't just copy and paste. If you are limited in time or skills to achieve this you may want to consider hiring a developer.

Rob_Che
05-21-2008, 08:33 AM
You will need to read the documentation for the mootools library if you wish to use it, you can't just copy and paste. If you are limited in time or skills to achieve this you may want to consider hiring a developer.

Are you offering pete? :wink:

pete
05-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Are you offering pete? :wink:

No, I am fully booked for at least another few months, I don't have time to piss these days. I have never done anything with mootools either so to save money he would ideally find a developer who is very familiar with mootools.

When I do use a library I use either Extjs or JQuery, it depends on the requirements but for the most part I code my own scripts or reuse existing code from previous projects which keeps the cost down for clients and ensures I am using tried and tested code.

d a v e
05-21-2008, 10:28 AM
No, I am fully booked for at least another few months, I don't have time to piss these days.
pete if youŽre looking to hire someone who can piss for you iŽm quite cheap: iŽve years of experience and i do it several times a day :)

youŽll have to handle the more advanced *number twos* yourself though ;)

davidj
05-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Ill do the number 2's

as i have had allot of experience of being dropped in the shite

domedia
05-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Why hire 2 people when you can hire one?
I'll do both for half the price the other guys are charging you.

Rob_Che
05-21-2008, 02:36 PM
if you're stuck with a surplus... I'll take the p!ss.

(have you seen my video tutorial questions ? :rolleyes:)

pete
05-21-2008, 03:09 PM
If anyone of you are grade A++ coders and would like to work for peanuts then let me know, I pay 20p a day, a bowl of rice and a slice of stale bread.

indianleo
06-06-2008, 05:07 AM
Hi I had added in my website but getting some message on mouseover which I have to remove please tell me how can I remove that message

http://www.foreignlanguagesvarsity.com

The link is given on product & Service

davidj
06-06-2008, 05:40 AM
I can see the message

if you read the message it tells you to go to the web site and they will guide you into removing it

I'm guessing for a fee as you are using a demo

we don't condone ripping off software here

i was actually halfway through commending you on a nice site then i realised you want to crack the code you have downloaded

sometimes i just don't know what to make of you indianleo. Its a nice site you have there but i have to ask if you built it by salvaging and scrounging solutions from others and you just pasted them in the same page. I suppose if you carpet bomb forums with requests for code you can paste then the probability is you will get what you want.

go to where you obtained the code for this drop down menu and pay up.

Thats how things are done

indianleo
06-06-2008, 05:42 AM
Please visit www.milonic.com for details on how to remove this evaluation message

d a v e
06-06-2008, 06:01 AM
so... follow the instructions on that page and remove the message.

davidj
06-06-2008, 06:10 AM
sheeesh

some people

Corrosive
06-06-2008, 07:00 AM
Hi Leo

Quote from the website you downloaded the menu from "If you have downloaded the free evaluation version of our menu and are seeing tooltips with the words: "Please visit www.milonic.com for details on how to remove this evaluation message" then all you need to do is place a link on your page to www.milonic.com and the text will no longer be there."

Look like they are happy for you to use their stuff as long as you link back to them. Seems like a fair swap to me.:)

davidj
06-06-2008, 07:59 AM
or you could easily build your own with out any back links