PDA

View Full Version : Using PHP to send form results in an e-mail.

jadepearl
04-16-2008, 03:38 AM
Hi there!

I am very new to DW & PHP but am eager to learn.

Now I am trying to learn the tutorial - Using DW and PHP to send form results in an e-mail. I have created 4 different types of forms for my website with the .htm extension. I hope I got the 1st step right.:)

Secondly, according to the tutorial, I have to create a PHP Script for processing the form results. Therefore, I have created a sendresults.php file plus copied and saved the codes given in the tutorial in the <head> </head> section. I hope this is correct.:confused: Question : If I have 4 forms, must I create 4 sendresults.php files accordingly?:confused:

Thanks so much for your replies and being so patient with a newbie like myself.

Thanks!:grin:

lux
04-16-2008, 01:43 PM
I would suggest working on one form at a time and making sure each work.

If all 4 forms are for the same purpose i.e. sending an email to the same email address as specified in the example then you should be able to point the forms to the same sendresults.php file.

when i say 'point the forms to' i mean have the same value in the form tags action attribute e.g. <form name="mail" method="post" action="sendresults.php">

Post back if your having a problems or have any more questions.

And good luck with it!

jadepearl
04-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks! :-D Will start by working wz 1 form at a time.

jadepearl
05-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Oh dear, it does not work for me.:(

This is the message I got...

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please try the following:
If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Open the www.*****.com (http://www.*****.com) home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explore

edbr
05-14-2008, 08:38 AM
this is crap right!

edbr
05-14-2008, 08:40 AM
this a link

<a href='/key/xxx-1/Sex+Toys.html?qs=06oENya4ZGJbLUCVyPVfPpacYqo2ZeB-im6i10FYs5a3kNcjPYSgbHbRG3N3ArJ5xymPrZmigCVO6--Zitkej_PvrAkevzYCVi5siwc5MOVZz-O8PdtWlTlptHvCQkmETAXmYrO9DF5F7JLZSljkEOTdBx9-gl7im41DuX9R_JLdPwcHrQa_PUcSkfIwCaseCMCRU7eui41_I. ,YT0z' onclick="exit=false">

domedia
05-14-2008, 04:15 PM
What are you talking about Ed?

jadepearl
05-15-2008, 11:07 AM
OMG...my apologies! I just wanted to write a generic website....did not know that it was linked to something as horrible as that. I AM SO SORRY!

jadepearl
05-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Thousands of apologies edbr! :-D
How do I delete it?
Apologies once again.

davidj
05-15-2008, 12:20 PM
of all the examples to use

HAHAHAHAHA

thats funny

how did that URL get in there then????

Jade... What have you been looking at? :wink:

jadepearl
05-15-2008, 01:49 PM
davidj - Thousands of apologies! :( I guess I never thought of xxx as "you know what".....*sigh*....silly old me. When I am at work, whenever we wan to give an example, we always use XXX such as Mr.X, Ms.X, xxx this and xxx that. Never knew that xxx means that. *blush*

Apologies again. Next time I will use abc instead of xxx.

davidj
05-15-2008, 02:45 PM
you made me smile jade

will edit it

jadepearl
05-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks so much!:-D