PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver & Sitegrinder - Compatible?

Corrosive
04-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Hi

My bro is a brilliant graphic designer and can conjour up really cool web designs, from scratch, on Photoshop. He usually exports the designs in imageready and ends up with a table based design (arghhhh) which is a nightmare to make even the slightest change to...I guess I'm preaching to the choir here :wink: .

We want to work on some projects together and I am comfortable with CSS, behaviours and layers in DW so I am happy to add the function to his design but I am not going to revert back to tables having struggled to grasp all the other goodies DW can offer.

Bro has now found something called Sitegrinder which apparently does what imageready couldn't and will produce site layouts compatible with layers and CSS.

Has anyone tried Sitegrinder for Photoshop and, if so, can he produce a design this way and then hand it over to me to make the magic happen? I guess what I am asking is 'are they compatible' and 'what, if any, are the drawbacks'?

Any feedback would be awesome. :grin:

domedia
04-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Never used sitegrinder. The only advice I can give is to slice the graphics you need manually, and then use in DW. That way you're sure you get the graphics exactly how you want them.

Corrosive
04-14-2008, 08:37 AM
OK, thanks. By the lack of replys I guess Sitegrinder is not something widely used by anyone. I think you are right and we'll stick with the old methods and take the compromises as they come! It's just gutting when you see a mocked up page looking great and then you have to start changing stuff to accommodate the limitations of other software. :roll:

Rob_Che
04-14-2008, 09:54 AM
we'll stick with the old methods and take the compromises as they come!

I think any programme that 'does all the work for you' will have more compromises than DW...

Corrosive
04-14-2008, 11:02 AM
I think any programme that 'does all the work for you' will have more compromises than DW...

Yes Rob you are right. The real challenge is getting my bro to design with Dreamweaver in mind and to teach him CSS!

Thanks anyway everyone. :-D