PDA

View Full Version : shapes/buttons/moving items on page

flawlesstwins
04-10-2008, 03:16 AM
Hi,
I am a beginner but i am trying to figure out how to draw shapes in dreamweaver so that i can make buttons or for decor on a page that may not have a lot on it.

Another thing is that i am having a hard time moving things around everything defaults to the left when you insert it. I inserted a flash and i can't move it to the part of the page i want it at..how do i move things to wherever i want it at(without html)?

edbr
04-10-2008, 03:53 AM
you cant draw shapes i DW make a button image in a photo editing program then use that

without html means without coding i guess, in the properties panel ,you will find some options for alignment

flawlesstwins
04-10-2008, 01:23 PM
thank you, which photo editing program would you suggest? I guess i mean the easiest to use and not too expensive to purchase?

edbr
04-11-2008, 01:04 AM
photoshop rules but $$$ try GIMP its free but i haven't tried it . i heard it is good though

domedia
04-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Paint Shop Pro has been known for a while for the economy version of something like PS. You might want to look into fireworks as well if you're only going to do web graphics. http://www.adobe.com/products/fireworks/