PDA

View Full Version : setting properties for a table

dw_curious
04-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi,

I am new to the site, a relatively experienced DW user, but by no means an expert (and I mean no means) but I have built several sites, that are reasonably sophisticated. However I am currently stumped.....well and truly.

Here is what I want to do. The table below, is part of a golf club, it shows each players best score on any given hole throghout the season. What takes a very long time is changing the background of each table square to reflect the nature of the score. For example a birdie is shown with a red background, a par with a yellow background etc etc. (Incidentally this table is not my work, but has been done by a friend, I am just trying to find a solution for him).

Ideally what would happen is if a players score changes in week two for example and his best score of bogie suddenly becomes par, then it would be good if the table could recognise that as soon as a 5 was changed to a 4, that the background colour would change automatocally (hope that makes sense) Can this be done ? If its not possible in DW then does anyone know a prog it is possible in, many thanks if you are able to help.

Link for scoresheet is here: http://members.iinet.net.au/~ander1l/SummerEclectic.htm

davidj
04-07-2008, 12:43 PM
you need to hold the results in a database

when you update the scores from an admin area then you can program your logic into the cells to reflect the relevant colours

has your developer used PHP before

dw_curious
04-07-2008, 01:44 PM
you need to hold the results in a database

when you update the scores from an admin area then you can program your logic into the cells to reflect the relevant colours

has your developer used PHP before

Thank you for that answer, you can probably see from the table, that the guy that does that particular part of the site only has a basic knowledge of these things, I doubt he is familiar with PHP, but I can certainly ask. Is PHP the answer then? can these properties not be attributed via DW?