PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I select "Put" or publish my site when it says it's connected to the FTP site?

jasmi8
04-02-2008, 05:18 AM
So I'm new to this whole thing, and I have a very simple site I designed for a friend. I have all of their FTP account information and was able to go through and it actually says in the end, "Dreamweaver CS3 connected to your server successfully." Then, I try and publish the site. I go to "Site" and I see "Put" but it's grey and I can't select it. Even when I try and select the blue and green arrow, "put" is still grey. I have no clue what I'm missing here. I can even log into the host site and see the files have been uploaded to the FTP site. They are there. Is there something I could be doing wrong, even though it says it has connected?

Thanks so much to anyone who can give any input to this problem. I thought the publishing process would be a lot simpler than this.

:(

edbr
04-02-2008, 05:22 AM
not sure what the problem is but as a rule never use Dreamweaver to upload files, only for local testing . Use an ftp program like filezilla for example

d a v e
04-02-2008, 10:10 AM
select a folder or file in the site files panel and then you should see it

Death Dream
04-07-2008, 07:11 PM
I've had no problems with DW's FTP manager before. Although I would recommend SmartFTP if you can't get DW's to work.

I didn't know there was a filezilla, I'll have to check that out.

~Death Dream~

tux
04-08-2008, 12:50 PM
as a rule never use Dreamweaver to upload files, only for local testing

Edbr, what are your reasons for not using DW to upload files. I have never had a problem with it. Is there something I should know!!

Cheers, Paul