PDA

View Full Version : link hover and visited style sheets

jessdodson
03-31-2008, 06:46 PM
hey all,

i need the links on the left column of and html email to have different colors than the links in the main body text. so i tried to make new link, hover, and visited style sheets in addition to the ones that i'm already using but its not working. what do i do?

you're help is appreciated.

j

Death Dream
03-31-2008, 09:37 PM
Not exactly sure what you are asking but to change the link colors you just need the following code:

a:link {
color: #00FFFF;
}
a:visited {
color: #99CCFF;
}

Putting in your own hex though.

~Death Dream~

edbr
04-01-2008, 01:15 AM
if it is in an e mail then it will have to be included in the page itself as <style type="text/css">
color: #00FFFF;
}
a:visited {
color: #99CCFF;
}
</style>
using death dreams code, not as a linked stylesheet

jessdodson
04-01-2008, 07:56 PM
well i know that much. and i have style sheets set for my links but i have several different links on the page and I want the links in my left column to have different hover and visited colors etc. than the links in my body.

domedia
04-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Try searching the forum, it's been asked multiple times :)

mek113
04-02-2008, 02:22 AM
I've just been learning CSS over the last couple of months and I understand your frustration. I had this same issue so I hope this explanation helps out.

You have your default links for your page that look like this:

color: #0066CC;
text-decoration: none;}

For your alternate links precede each link style with a # and a space, like this:
#sidecolumn a:link{
color: #ffcccc;
text-decoration: none;}

The styles apply only to links that are between the <div id="sidecolumn"> and its closing </div> tags. All other links ignore those style rules.

mek113

jessdodson
04-04-2008, 10:59 PM
thank you mek113! that's so simple.