PDA

View Full Version : Flash file not showing

syztemlord
03-19-2008, 05:00 PM
I have made a couple of test pages with a swf file inserted. In dreamweaver the page looks fine. After uploading to a test site all I can see is a white space where the swf should be showing.

http://www.bodyworksfc.com/test/bworksblack.htm

Any ideas?

Ricky55
03-19-2008, 07:44 PM
you need to ensure that the file AC_RunActiveContent.js has also been uploaded to your server.

Dreamweaver will have placed this in a folder called scripts.

syztemlord
03-19-2008, 07:54 PM
I've uploaded that file as well. Dreamweaver actually placed it in the same folder as all the other files. I originally had a problem where I did upload that file and nothing showed. Now everything is there but I just get that white square.

Ricky55
03-19-2008, 09:14 PM
check this page out

http://www.qwerty-design.co.uk/test.html

View the source code and copy the code, I wouldn't call your swf untitled but leave at that until you get it working.

Now ensure that you have a folder called scripts and that AC_RunActiveContent.js is also uploaded.

Check your server once you have uploaded everything, you will have

your html file
your swf in the root folder
and the AC_RunActiveContent.js folder in the scripts folder.

If you have dreamweaver cs3 then all this should happen automatically when you click insert flash.

if you are running dreamweaver 8 update to the 8.02 patch.

Let me know how you get on.

syztemlord
03-20-2008, 08:19 AM
Thanks you very much for that! I compared your source code with mine and noticed I had a "/" in front of every referance to the Untitled SWF file. I removed these and it works perfectly. I kept the .js file in the root but as this is just a test for now I'll leave it and copy it over when the full site is working.

I'm using CS3, strange it didn't automatically create the Scripts folder?

Anyway, thanks again for the help, just a little thing but if you don't know what your looking for it can be a nightmare! :grin:

Ricky55
03-20-2008, 10:17 AM
No problem mate.

Yes I would place the .js file in a folder called scripts it keeps things more ordered that way. It is strange though CS3 normally does this. If you do copy the .js file over though just make sure your code points to it in the head of your doc.

For example:
<script src="Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

And do call your swf something logical.

Thanks

Ricky55

Rob_Che
03-23-2008, 09:04 PM
And do call your swf something logical.

:-D - I once had to pick a site up that another designer had created and he hadn't named a single image "img: untitled-42" anyone!? jeez...