PDA

View Full Version : Cell alignment problems

southbanana
03-15-2008, 10:33 PM
hi, im currently working on a website with dreamweaver, its only the 2nd html site ive ever made.

both sites have been photography portfolios, so involve thumbnailed galleries. i figured it would be easiest to use tables to create the pages, as the the images are different sizes (some landscape, some portrait etc). i used css for properties of cells.

problem is, when i move from one page to another in the browser (seems to be every browser, but some are worse than others), the cells appear to move. some of them have borders so this is quite obvious.

am i missing something glaringly obvious? i find it so frustrating, i have tried adjusted the cell widths through css and single cell properties but neither seem to make the slightest difference. it appears the content that is in each cell determines the width of it in the browser, how can i control this so i can maintain uniform alignment throughout the site?

many thanks in advance for any advice whatsoever

Rob_Che
03-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Post your URL or Code (and welcome :))

southbanana
03-16-2008, 09:36 AM
the url is www.forhadahmed.co.uk/html/index.html

i havent uploaded the images yet, just stuck these pages up to save time, hope thats ok. hopefully you will see as you click on different links on the menu, the white bordered frames will be in different positions on different pages. they dont move a great deal, but i dont think it looks very professional.

if you need any more info please dont hesitate to ask.

the original flash site can be found at www.forhadahmed.co.uk, i made that too, and i was basically trying to create as close a copy in html as poss

many thanks