PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Wamp MySQL version?

student101
03-10-2008, 08:22 AM
I have tried almost all the steps that I could find to upgrade this wamp MySQL system,
Nothing works!

I have searched for 6 days, and they all say the same thing(s).
Everytime I add a different version, even these so called add-ons...
I still get the same error message:
#2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)Tried all the firewall stuff, disabled NOD32 rebooted and still no luck!
(even though I never had to touch NOD32 with the original install)Is there a secret to this setup?
It makes no sense that MySQL and phpMyadmin can't work together after the upgrade of "mysql-noinstall-5.1.23-rc-win32"

The problem is that after copying the new MySQL I need to setup the MySQL password? or what?
So I open the config.inc file and remove the password currently set.
I also followed these steps: http://guides.jlbn.net/setpw/setpw1.html (too many times)

F1 how to properly upgrade the MySQL version?

Cheers

student101
03-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Fixed

davidj
03-11-2008, 07:50 PM
how did you fix it

student101
03-11-2008, 08:53 PM
You can follow my steps to install the latest version of mysql on Wamp2

STEP1: (x represents a number)

Download the latest version of MySQL first...
Copy the new folder of mysqlx.x to wamp\bin\mysql\
Check if the folder of mysql and all database files exist in mysqlx.x\data folder.
If the mysql folder doesn't exist, copy it from a working previous version of mysql.

Check if mysqlx.x\bin folder and all executable files in it exist.
Check if the folder mysqlx.x\share exist.
If they don't exist, then the extraction of the latest version of mysql isn't done properly.

Check if mysqlx.x\my.ini file exist.
If it doesn't exist, copy the file from the previous wokring version of wamp mysql in wamp\bin\mysql\mysqlx.x
Open the file from the latest mysql version, edit all occurrences of "mysqlx.x" in that file to the "mysqlx.x" as the latest version number.

For example, if you see the line "basedir=c:/wamp/bin/mysql/mysql4.1" in my.ini file, then edit it to "basedir=c:/wamp/bin/mysql/mysqlx.x" as mysqlx.x is the lastest version you've just downloaded.
Normally there are only two occurrences you need to edit:
basedir=c:/wamp/bin/mysql/mysqlx.x and datadir=c:'wamp/bin/mysql/mysqlx.x/data

STEP2:
Copy the wampserver.conf file in the previous version of wamp mysqlx.x folder to wamp\bin\mysql\mysqlx.x.
You would need to open it with notepad and edit the line: $mysqlConf['mysqlExeFile'] = 'mysqld-nt.exe';
to $mysqlConf['mysqlExeFile'] = 'mysqld.exe';

Look at the mysqlx.x\bin directory and find out if there is a mysqld.exe or mysql-nt.exe file.
If there is no mysql-nt.exe file, then change that line as mentioned.

STEP3:
Shutdown the wamp2 server (by right click on wamp tray icon and click exit). Then restart the wamp server. Restart all services.
You should see the mysql newest version displayed in wamp mysql menu. Just click on the latest version to enable it, then you have the newest mysql version running with wamp server. Enjoy.
Cheers

davidj
03-12-2008, 06:35 AM
nice one

cheers mate

student101
03-12-2008, 06:38 AM
Thanks.

Hope it works out for everyone.
Cheers

sandip.waghole
07-29-2010, 05:06 AM
Yes that version option is available but it is not working...

Is there any other things that can be done

edbr
07-29-2010, 06:03 AM
real question or are you a robot ?