PDA

View Full Version : security on flash?

fabian9931
03-08-2008, 05:16 AM
when i enter my flash from adobe flash pro to dreamweaver it shows nicely, but when i preview it, i get a bar under my address bar on my IE saying IE has rescricted running scripts.... how can i fix this so my viewers dont have to click on the bar and click allow... thanks

davidj
03-08-2008, 06:11 AM
your security settings are set too high

it wont effect others unless they have the same security settings

go into your security settings in your browser and read through the options. Im guessing its set to custom or high

fabian9931
03-08-2008, 12:26 PM
so this has nothing to do on how i made the flash or my settings in dreamweaver? just my browser? thanks

fabian9931
03-13-2008, 11:49 AM
ok i set my internet explorer settings lower on my house computer and it works perfect, but i brought my files to work to see how my site will look on other monitor sizes and same thing at work... the flash doesnt start because "internet explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or active x controls that could access your computer" now my thing is that i dont want 80% of my customers to go to my site and have to click and allow my site for the flash to get through. is there something i can do? maybe redo my flash but in a different format or setting? my flash is by adobe pro and i chose 2.0 scripts... saved in a swf file... thank you

liquidmonkey
03-26-2008, 08:03 PM
have a similar problem here.
am using flash to show a slideshow, have 2 embedded youtube videos and use opacity in css2 for the main navvbar.
none of these show as that STUPID ie bar comes up saying content has been blocked.
is there some code to enter in between each div tag so that it will show without having to muss with that STUPID bar??

i know other flash websites work no worries on my PC so i'm99% sure its NOT security settings.
any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!!

ps, not trying to hijack your thread mate but sounds like we have the same issue

liquidmonkey
03-26-2008, 08:20 PM
a friend just told me to use -- swfobject -- to embed flash on your pages.
maybe something to check out? anyone else use or heard of this?

fabian9931
03-26-2008, 08:29 PM
hey liquid monkey.

I had the same problem and every time i would preview it on internet explorer that bar came up. but only when i previewed it through my harddrive. meaning on dreamweaver hit preview... but if you load your files up through your host and have it running live. it comes up automatically. but if you would like it to auto start through your harddrive through dreamweaver then yes your settings on ie is too high....

liquidmonkey
03-26-2008, 09:01 PM
no shit! wow, ok, will give it a try as i had no idea there would b a difference between looking at my page on the net or through harddrive.

thanks mate!
just saved me from changing my flash stuff, haha :)

Cary
03-26-2008, 11:54 PM
when i enter my flash from adobe flash pro to dreamweaver it shows nicely, but when i preview it, i get a bar under my address bar on my IE saying IE has rescricted running scripts.... how can i fix this so my viewers dont have to click on the bar and click allow... thanks

As you mentioned in a latter post, this only occurs when you view your local site. To get around this, without messing with security settings, just insert "Mark of the Web". In DW you can do this with the menu via "Commands" > "Insert Mark of the Web".

Just a note. On a mailing list it was pointed out that Mark of the Web prevents PDF links from working. Just in case anyone might think of using Mark of the Web with CD based content requiring PDF links... A costly lesson.

liquidmonkey
03-27-2008, 07:25 AM
how cool is that!!??
thanks cary for that tip, awesome! had no idea!

does it matter where you insert this line of code or does dreamweaver figure it all out for you? reason is, i could not see where it was put :(

Ricky55
03-27-2008, 09:30 PM
If you are using Dreamweaver CS3 or 8 with the 8.02 patch you don't need to use swf object to embed your flash movies just use the standard insert flash button.

Using swf object is fine but its more work.

This issue as someone as already said is down to viewing the content locally.

Cary
03-27-2008, 10:09 PM
does it matter where you insert this line of code or does dreamweaver figure it all out for you? reason is, i could not see where it was put :(

Dreamweaver knows where to put it. It's this code beneath the doctype:
<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->

IE inserts the same (or a similar) comment in web pages saved to your hard drive to insure IE can view them locally.