PDA

View Full Version : shopping carts ???

K.Simmonds
03-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Hi. I have done a couple of web sites for village gift shops. One of them now would like me to put a shopping cart on their site. I'v e never done it before, is it something I could do? I've been toldt lately that it's not "safe" any more, for a non-professionalbto do ie: it's wide open to attack. Is this right??? If it is do-able, any suggestions which to use ..... and how to do it(tutorials etc)
Thanks.

domedia
03-03-2008, 09:07 PM
I've been toldt lately that it's not "safe" any more, for a non-professionalbto do ie: it's wide open to attack. Is this right??? If you're going to take people CC number online, you better make sure you know what's going on. Think of the liability you're putting yourself up for if something happened because you put together a shopping cart for a client without knowing the ins and outs of ecommerce security.

You could take some to time to learn this, but it would also be a good option to outsource this to a professional, so you can focus on what you do best :)

edbr
03-04-2008, 02:48 AM
dom , whats your opinion about modules using paypal etc

neonfluxx
03-04-2008, 02:21 PM
use paypal as the liability is on them not you

domedia
03-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Only experience I have with ecommerce is our inhouse developed cart system, so I can't give advice on other systems. If Paypal has something good, that sounds like a good idea.