PDA

View Full Version : Developer Toolbox is asking for Serial number

jays99
03-01-2008, 11:16 PM
ADDT Expiration message suddenly pops up

How odd. After owning the ADDT for more than 8 months, suddenly when I start DW CS3 I get a screen saying the 30 day Developer Toolbx trial is over and asking me if I have a serial number. I have owned the Toolbox since I bought Dreamweaver CS3, but OK, I go to my Adobe Order section and there is the serial number. I plug it into the interface, I get a green check mark meaning the serial number was correct, but oddly, when I click next I get a message saying there is an unspecified error with the serial number and the ADDT remains unusable.

I'm in the middle of 3 projects, this is really wild. Locked out of my paid for development environment!

Why would this be happening now and does anyone know a workaround. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and regenerating a new configuration file, but to no avail. It still acts like a 30 day trial program that has expired. I put in a trouble ticket at Adobe, but I am still asking around.

Any help would be appreciated. I am on a MacBook G5 using OSX 10.4.11.

Thanks,
Jay

neonfluxx
03-02-2008, 05:45 AM
Sounds like you purchased a pirated version. If not than contact adobe and they will assist you.

jays99
03-02-2008, 01:40 PM
No it is not pirated, I got it from Adobe when I bought CS3. I have put in a ticket with them. Oddly, it was installed last April as a full package.

Jay

davidj
03-02-2008, 06:57 PM
wait for their reply

jays99
03-02-2008, 07:51 PM
I spoke to Adobe customer service and this is not an ordinary problem. They said it occasionally happens when someone upgrades, but I upgraded at a time when I already owned the Kollection. That was concurrent with the purchase of InterAkt by Adobe. They offered the Kollection repacked as an .MXP extension. I had no idea it even had a trial section. I downloaded it from Adobe as part of my upgrade.

The customer service guy gave me a tech support number as the one technique he tried did not work.

The even stranger part is that fortunately the license is for two computers and the ADDT on my work computer is working fine so my jobs do not have to come to a complete halt.

I will update you when they get this thing unlocked.

Jay