PDA

View Full Version : What websites have you designed?

cazzy25
02-27-2008, 08:53 PM
I was wondering what websites any of you have designed?

Rob_Che
02-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Here's mine... (http://www.perfectpixels.biz/webdesign.htm)

davidj
02-28-2008, 09:16 AM
show off...

Rob_Che
02-28-2008, 10:04 AM
show off...

The pictures are a hell of a lot prettier than my code ! :mrgreen:

domedia
02-28-2008, 12:48 PM
he-tv.com - actually if you guys have comments/critiques, that would be very cool.

domedia
02-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Here's mine... (http://www.perfectpixels.biz/webdesign.htm) There's some kicka55 designs in there..

Rob_Che
02-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Cheers domedia... I'm currently reviewing yours.. i'll be back

but while you're here.. people hate tables, correct?...
I was taught to design using tables - how do you place images and layout in those spaces without tables?

I've never used another way... Do you give things coordinates ?

Signed
Stoopid of Yorkshire.

davidj
02-28-2008, 03:59 PM
welcome to the world of CSS

if you have hair now you wont after a week or two

domedia
02-28-2008, 05:25 PM
but while you're here.. people hate tables End usersI don't think give a *** how the site is made as long as they can use it :)
Unfortunately alot of users have requirements when it comes to the accessibility to your website. They are users that does not use monitor that displays images for example, screen readers, blind people, braille browsers, search engines. tetx browsers etc. For these people the logic organization of your information is imperative. semantic HTML gives the information meaning. <h1> for a header, P for a paragraph, tables for tabular data etc.
In web standards the information is given semantical and structural meaning through HTML, it's given style through CSS, and then JS comes in to manipulate the document (show/hide, effects, ajax etc)

I was taught to design using tables - how do you place images and layout in those spaces without tables? You can place them anywhere you want, and you're not restricted by a grid design :)

You should really pick up a good book on how to design websites with CSS, the approach is completely different.

Rob_Che
02-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Cheers for that - I can see the wrods "New project"... (like I haven't got a list!:))

I do use a little css and find it really stable - I will use it more as I go along.

I'm in the process of W3Cing my site at the moment... 2 words. mine. field.
Any W3C experts on here ? There should be a thread/
forum dedicated if there isn't already... all the (un)cool kds are doing it!

Rob

domedia
02-28-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm in the process of W3Cing my site at the moment... 2 words. mine. field.
Any W3C experts on here ? There should be a thread/
forum dedicated if there isn't already... all the (un)cool kds are doing it!Not as hard as you think :) If it's validating HTML, post it in the HTML forum, if it's CSS post it in the dedicated CSS forum.

EDIT: Oops I guess it's the same forum. Look in the HTML/CSS forum here :)