PDA

View Full Version : how to preview the asp/php parts in dreamweaver?

hypuk
02-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi guys

I'm fairly new to dreamweaver, sorry if i've posted in the wrong forum.

Is there any way I can preview the asp/php part of a web design in dreamweaver? I have WAMP server installed on my pc, but would like to preview what the whole site would look like in real time in dreamweaver.

Is this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Mark

davidj
02-27-2008, 03:04 PM
you run the site which should be located in the WAMP directory (www) through http in your browser

hypuk
02-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Hi david
I know how to preview my site via a web browser, but would like a real time view of it in dreamweaver, when I press the design tab, all I get is the text and stuff it's all out of place and just shows me little yellow buttons, where the asp/php code is

Cheers
Mark

davidj
02-27-2008, 03:51 PM
i advise not to use this

you have to set Dreamweaver up with a connection for it to access your db.

If your using WAMP then this tells me that your not using the built in code tools which DW uses and have adopted a hand coding practice. If this is so then stick to the professional aspect and view through the browser. Its a pain in the neck configuring DW to hook into your db and then it has to read the code which I'm sure has to conform with how IT writes it or it will fall over and your code bindings disapear

use DW as a fancy notepad. Learn to code and just press F12 when you want to view your site in its proper environment

Cary
03-01-2008, 01:09 AM
...when I press the design tab, all I get is the text and stuff it's all out of place and just shows me little yellow buttons, where the asp/php code is

Assuming you actually have everything set up the way DW requires and understands, you also need to click on the Live Data View button to the right of the Design View button. Dynamically generated portions of the page will be highlighted to indicate they are non-editable.