PDA

View Full Version : Auto stretch.

lzingel
02-27-2008, 02:19 AM
Hi, I want my background colour to be black - but I want it to stretch right across the page. I have used auto stretch. Now when I do my tables for the graphics - I want it a fixed measurement - this then seems to stop the black background stretching across the page. How do I get around this.

On one of my completed pages I find when I test in the Firefox browser - all works well- but in the Explorer browser the nav menu does not work. I have read somewhere in "my travels" that for WeB designers (I do not include myself among them - yet) find Explorer a bit of a pain because things do not work very well. Is this correct.

Many thanks for help

Lynn

Rob_Che
02-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Can you post the page you're designing?

I'm not sure I understand the background issue - do you mean the page
background itself ? If so, are you doing this through 'page properties' or css? and are you using a colour command or adding an image? maybe I'm missing something...

More info on the nav menu too - flash? css? html?

Internet Explorer has many versions and as such can be tricky as some commands don't work in older versions. (and you never know what the visitor will be using)
It seems to be stricter too. I had a page yesterday that showed fine in Firefox but didn't show AT ALL in IE !?

Rob :)

mangofreak
02-27-2008, 04:02 PM
if you want the background of your page to be black then press ctrl
and j. the page properties will come up and assign the colour you like to your page.

lzingel
02-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Thank you for your replies. I have solved the background issue but my nav bar has been done in DW having done the buttons first in Photoshop. So I think they are Flash.
Another thing that pops up when I take my page into IE
"To help protect security, IE has restricted this webpage from running scripts or Active X controls that could access your computer. Check here for option".

What does this mean. This has only strated popping up since I added my Nav Bar to the page.

Again many thanks
Lynn

domedia
02-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Hi Lynn, can you post the url? It's soo much easier for people to debug when they know exactly what is wrong. It's like asking a mechanic to fix your car through a phonecall ;)

Cary
02-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Another thing that pops up when I take my page into IE
"To help protect security, IE has restricted this webpage from running scripts or Active X controls that could access your computer. Check here for option".

What does this mean. This has only strated popping up since I added my Nav Bar to the page.

This is happening in IE because your menu uses javascript and you are viewing the page locally. It's a security measure aimed in part I believe at preventing IE (which is integrated into the Windows OS) from hosing your computer by running nasty scripts in emails. You'll find this problem doesn't exist if you view the same page online after uploading it to the server.

To overcome this you can make IE treat the local copy of the page as though it's online by inserting the "Mark of the Web" code from DW's "Commands" menu.

lzingel
03-01-2008, 02:10 AM
Thanks for the info. Carey.
Lynn

lzingel
03-01-2008, 02:15 AM
Sorry I misspelt your name. Did what you suggested and it has solved my problem.
Thanks again
Lynn