PDA

View Full Version : Designs

jaime
02-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Hi
I was wondering how i can show people what i have designed on dreamweaver through the net? Can i just save my designs as template pages then, then send these sepearte pages through interested clients?
I ask this as you know for example you have a homepage then you have various links to this homepage and people cant really view these pages unless you are live on the net? Do I need to get live on the net via a web hosting company? For now i dont have that so i want to know exactly how people can view my designed pages

Cheers

tux
02-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Hello Jaime and welcome to the forum,

If you want to share your designs with others then you would be best to get yourself some webspace. Have a look around and you will find is not very expensive and sometimes even free. Some of the free email sites like Yahoo and Hotmail offer free webspace with their accounts. I use Redstation ( www.redstation.com (http://www.redstation.com) ), you could get a domain name for less than a tenner with them which also includes a years free hosting. But have a good look around and you will find something to suit your needs.

Regards, Paul

Rob_Che
02-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Do you have broadband? (sorry I don't know if you are UK based)

Lots of internet providers (most actually) have free server space. You can buy your own domain name for say 2.50 and host them straight away.

Go to download.com for ftp upload programmes.
It can seem daunting bt once you've done it, it takes seconds !

PM me if you need help.

Cheers~Rob

davidj
02-27-2008, 08:21 AM
hi rob

thanks for your input

can i ask that you discourage members from PM-ing you regarding help

the reason is that your solution or guide may help others who visit the siteif its available for all to see and also once you accept a help request from someone through the PM system you will find that person will always pm you for help and you become a free help desk! which is shite for everyone except the person who is getting one-to-one help for free.

Rob_Che
02-27-2008, 08:51 AM
You still having issues Jaime?
Let's get you online !

PS: Sorry David, You're right of course...
I tend to fall into the trap believing that everyone on a forum is cleverer than me and therefore any help I give would only be of use to one person ! :)