PDA

View Full Version : .fla into dwr

Ryan Mister Sir
02-21-2008, 04:14 PM
When I try to "put" a .fla into my site through dwr using Insert > Media > Flash I get these error logs about not uploading these flash files correctly.

oops...my bad...I've now removed the spaces in the file name and now at least the file uploads to the site side from dwr. Now the problem is that flash (or the site) still refuses to play my animation on line.

So close but not there...any ideas

Ryan

mangofreak
02-21-2008, 04:24 PM
I thought that you only put ".swf" files to DW not the ".fla" files. The way you do it is by exporting your animation and the exported file is swf. unless you publish with the whole enchilada: html files and all.

Not much of a flash user I'm afraid. :D

domedia
02-21-2008, 05:00 PM
You can't add a fla to a webpage. It's meant for Macromedia Flash only. Do what mango said and generate a swf file.

Ryan Mister Sir
02-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Sorry guys my mistake in the question. I actually have been trying to upload the .swf the whole time (not the .fla).

So the question remains, the file uploads to the site side from dwr. Now the problem is that flash (or the site) still refuses to play my .swf animation on line.

Any ideas?

Ryan

mangofreak
02-22-2008, 02:51 AM
Post your code so we can see where the error is. Also, if you have the page up so we can see yoour file in action. That would help. Otherwise my light is out.

Ryan Mister Sir
02-22-2008, 04:38 AM
I have solved the upload to internet issue....yeah!!! First I had spaces in my .swf and .fla that I had to remove but I only removed them from my .swf and tried to upload that file. I discovered only after a lot of wasted time that I had to save the whole thing with no spaces in the file name and publish it that way.

Moral of the story is: use no spaces at all in naming your flash file then publish the whole file (without spaces) and up load the swf to dwr via the insert>media>flash method. Also save your .fla into your root folder or a folder with in it for example, I made a flash folder in my root folder to keep myself organized. Then connected and "put" my folder into the site side and it worked fine AT LAST.

My only problem now is that I have a white line I can't seem to get rid of at the bottom of my flash animation (that's visible online and in dwr and when I test the site within dwr)

Any suggestions?

Ryan

Sorry, Yes the site is pretty amiture, it's for a class not for real life ;-) .

domedia
02-22-2008, 02:24 PM
url/code please

Ryan Mister Sir
02-23-2008, 03:52 PM
I fixed the space issue. I realized I could take the lower portion of my slice in dwr and move it up to fill the gap. Thanks for the help and support guys. Talk to you later.
:-D
Ryan

http://labooksense.tripod.com/