PDA

View Full Version : Editing Flash Buttons as a library item

eyeof
02-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Ive created a navigation bar in Dreamweaver using flash buttons. After saving it as a template and library item (Im tried both), when I try editing the buttons and saving the file. I get the following message:

The Flash object cannot be created because document relative links will not work in all browsers if the Flash movie is not saved to the same folder as the html.document.

What do I need to do? Any advice? :confused:

Thanks

neonfluxx
02-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Do not use flash in a library. Thats a bad idea. I will explain why:

Flash is basically it's own movie with control features. If the you set a link in flash it use that exact link to retrieve the URL as programed. You use action scripting to actually declare where the link will go or in this case flash might us a JS.

Now a library item creates a separate folder in there and then uses html to declare the links. So in short, flash is not update able via a library item because there is no html to update. Library items in dreamweaver don't update action script and there for wil not work as a library item.

Understand?

eyeof
02-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks Neon

So is there a way for me to edit the original navigation bar, using flash buttons, and having all other pages in the site update automatically?

Ricky55
02-21-2008, 05:50 PM
you could create the nav nar entirely in flash which would create a swf which you could then use for all the pages