PDA

View Full Version : Bringing Searchable Data Into A Page.

davidlew
02-20-2008, 01:04 PM
I've been able to bring in data from an Excel spreadsheet into a page as a data table. What I got was all the data - no problem, but I cant highlight an item (a line of data) because the table is flat...ie; its just a scrollable page like text on any other page. What I need to do is to bring a product list into the page, click on a line of data (ie; a product description, price etc) and bring up and "add to cart" selection. On my current site, (not dreamweaver), I have a PayPal shopping cart, but you have to type in each individual item in the shop - and then its available for you to buy.

Now, with a product list that could be hundreds of items long - ie a spare parts list, it could take you up to your pension to type it all in individually.
So, is there a facility for bringing in a product list that is selectable for on line purchase, or do you have to have the shopping cart programme on there to start with?
Davidlew

mangofreak
02-21-2008, 12:46 AM
why don't you try converting your spreadsheet to MS Access and work from there. There are quite a few good tutorials for creating your shopping cart and working with access. One of the limitations I found was that if you have too many (around 10, 15) users at the same time your db could become slow or crash.

davidlew
02-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks.Thats's good advice. I'll do some trial conversions.
David