PDA

View Full Version : Horizontal scroll bar for Images or photos ????

xmarcelo3
02-18-2008, 05:22 AM
Hi,
How can I create in Dreamweaver a horizontal window to scroll images or photos like this one...

http://germansaezphoto.com/places/miami

Thanks for all the help!
xmarcelo

davidj
02-18-2008, 06:05 AM
Style....

#scroller {
position:relative;
left:05px;
top:05px;
width:314px;
height:263px;
z-index:1;
overflow: scroll;
overflow-y: hidden;
}

<div id="scroller">

/// images in here

</div>

xmarcelo3
02-20-2008, 02:23 AM
Thanks for your answer, I am a newbie and not good with code.
Do you have any templates or tutorials.
Thanks again.
xmarcelo

domedia
02-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Link above 'tutorials' has some, including this one:
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/css-scroller.php

But it will give you the exact same code davidj just gave you.

picklepie
03-07-2009, 09:01 PM
I need help with a horizontal scroll bar. I found this forum and thought this thread looked like exactly what I need. Unfortunately, I still can't get it to work.

I have a 600px wide scroller box and am trying to load up some 100x100px thumbnails for a small gallery. I've used the code above (with my own box dimensions), but when I preview it, I have a scrollbar with no little bar to drag inside, it's just empty.

Is there something I need to do to make the little inside bar visible? I have 8 thumbs loaded in my box and the space should accommodate about 6 with 2 hidden, waiting to be viewed when the user scrolls.

Thanks in advance for the help. I never had a problem like this with vertical scrolling before.

domedia
03-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Welcome to the forum picklepie.
Please make a new thread for yourself and make sure that you include something we can look at. Describing your site is not going to help anyone investigate your website.

picklepie
03-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Thank you for your response. I am just trying to get the code for the scroller to work. I don't have a site loaded. The site is actually for a relative who's got a local band and they want to load some images into a gallery page. I said I'd help, but never having done a horizontal scroll, didn't expect to have a problem.

I guess I will keep poking around online to see if I can find more code examples until I find something that works.