PDA

View Full Version : Design view in Dreamweaver MX04 messed up when using CSS template

adamtosman
02-18-2008, 02:29 AM
I am using Dreamweaver MX 2004. I have tried to download at least 5 free CSS templates from various places. All of them have correct CSS code and they preview correctly in Internet Explorer, however my "Design View" is all messed up, nothing appears how it should. The alignment is all off, pieces are all over the place, nothing is as it should be. I have to modify a line or two, then preview in IE, the do it again and again after ever little change to make sure i am not screwing the whole page up. That kind of illiminates the whole purpose of Design mode. I am a visual person so staring at lines of code will not work for me, can anyone help.

Please do not post "Learn the code" or any variation of that, i am slowly learning more about the CSS code, but for now its hard for me to see how it is applying to the design when the design mode is messing up so bad.

mangofreak
02-18-2008, 10:00 AM
I don't know about others, but I am a visual person as well, therefore a little visual of your problem would help. Can you post the code of your page or at least the link where we can see what is happening? ;)

adamtosman
02-18-2008, 11:49 AM
OK, here is one of the pages I am working on http://www.juniatalodge282.com/district20/dates.htm

You can see everything is correctly displaying, I wanted to take a print screen shot of the actual dreamweaver file but everything is on my other computer so I will post a link to it later, for now you can go to that page and view the source. Please note that page is a work in progress and any email address or link are/ can be fake for layout viewing purposes.

domedia
02-18-2008, 02:00 PM
DW's design view is not a prefect browser rendering machine. This is something you have to live with. Alternatively, you could learn how to code so you would know what is going on ;)

d a v e
02-18-2008, 04:44 PM
the latest version of DW is alot better, but of course there's the upgrade cost