PDA

View Full Version : Flash nav inserting html links into div -example-

necessity
02-14-2008, 11:52 PM
I have made a flash navigation bar and I want it to link to the pages on the same page:
.................................................. ........................................
.................... http://www.cbsanswer.com/framecomeon.htm ......

Of course I understand frames are outdated. I have read through CCS and read about SSI, but I cannot find how to open content into a Div. You can see what my objective is when you visit the website above.

Two problems:

1.) What is the codeing for linking a flash button to a corresponding div or frame? (I tried programing the MANUFACTURING link to open in the _Parent frame and than tried the name of the frame "mainFrame".)

2.) Can I make sure that the entire navigation is viewable? I had to put this stupid scroll bar in.

I appreciate any advice as I have already checked out every book on the subject and spent two days searching the internet.

*Dan

domedia
02-15-2008, 05:04 PM
When you use the GetUrl function in Flash, there is a place for the framename right there:
http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/action_scripts/actionscript_dictionary/actionscript_dictionary377.html

necessity
02-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Thank you for your response.
I am using:

machines.addEventListener(
MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP,
function(evt:MouseEvent):void {
navigateToURL(new URLRequest("http://www.domain.com", window="mainFrame")

I tried window="_parent" also and that did not work.

I code this in Flash and the frames are done within Dreamweaver.

domedia
02-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Put in the name of the frame you're targeting, whatever it is. Look in DW for what you named the target frame.
_parent is not the name, it's reserved for the browser.

necessity
02-15-2008, 05:28 PM
I used "mainFrame" which is the name of the frame.

domedia
02-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Not sure where you got the code from.. but I like things simple :)
This is all you need getURL(url [, window [, "variables"]])

necessity
02-15-2008, 07:48 PM
flash CS3. It sucks. Action script 3.0. Everything is pain in the ass for me. After all of the hard work out of the way, i cannot complete this simple task and post the stupid website.

No action script for buttons, frames only.

Do you know how to pull pages into a div using CSS?

domedia
02-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Do you know how to pull pages into a div using CSS? The approach you've chosen is not normal. Can you not just make regular web pages?

You can use Javascript or AJAX (if the data from DB) to load content into any div or other element on the webpage

necessity
02-15-2008, 09:51 PM
The approach you've chosen is not normal. Can you not just make regular web pages?

You can use Javascript or AJAX (if the data from DB) to load content into any div or other element on the webpage

I would like to use the navagation bar I spent alot of time making. Its import I have an abnormal website my company is for creative services. I have a 900 page javascript book. Can you give me a code clue as to how to link from one button to pull up a page inside another div? I will be able to read more on the subject once I have an idea of what it is called. Thanks DoMedia

domedia
02-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Sorry, I'm not a javascript programmer.