PDA

View Full Version : form question...

mystic
02-11-2008, 01:18 AM
I was wondering if there was a way to upload information from a Form other then having an e-mail sent to me. Like maybe to another site or my server. The e-mail works great with Explorer and Navigator but won't work with Mozilla Firefox. For some reason the Submit Form won't send the e-mail from Mozilla.
I'm using Dreamweaver 4

Thanks!
Jim

mangofreak
02-11-2008, 01:28 AM
I'm not very clear as to what you are asking. You can use a form to store information on a database and access it through some application created for this purpose.

To do this you need to use some kind of server side language like ASP, PHP or JSP. However, since I not sure what you want I'll stop there. You can also use those languages to send emails Using your server's smtp.

mystic
02-11-2008, 01:58 AM
Right now my site is set up to send me information via e-mail, works well except for Firefox. I was just wondering how to upload the information to another location for me to view.
I hope this is more clear.
thanks again!
Jim

domedia
02-11-2008, 02:25 AM
Hi mystic can you give a url so we can see? Noone can help you with the info you've given so far.. need specifics :)

mystic
02-11-2008, 10:14 AM
I'd love to but it's still in the design stage, I was just testing the submit button in each of the browsers and found they all work but Firefox. My goal is to have a shopping cart. I've built a few sites but this is my first with a store, WOW, what a big learning curve!

JamesTaylor
02-11-2008, 12:53 PM
mystic,

i had this issue a few days ago with a contact form i had created... worked fine in IE but wouldn't submit in FF.

anyways Domedia pointed me in the right direction - "It's the anchor tag <a> around the submit button. In FF the Anchor tag link takes precedence. Remove the link and it works fine"

to see the thread in full follow this link http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27330

but as domedia suggests, supply a url to the page - doesn't matter if its only temp - and it'll mean people can view your source code and debug much easier rarther than just taking a stab in the dark.