PDA

View Full Version : demo software

davidj
02-08-2008, 07:06 PM
ok muppets

senario...

project = application

LIVE environment = windows, IIS, PHP5, MYSQL!

our development environment does not have the above so have to build it on my local machine. The trouble is the project manager is based in London. He needs to come in and view the progress of this development but cant access my machine through https even though its on the network (he is home based and security is strict)

is there anything out there which will allow him to share my machine so we can both demo the site through the browser while clicking about pointing to stuff?

domedia
02-08-2008, 07:35 PM
If nothing else there should be some screen capturing thingy that could transmit what goes on on your screen maybe..

davidj
02-08-2008, 07:39 PM
i was thinking along the lines of remote desktop

if someone can remote control my machine then im assuming there must be some kit out there that will allow both parties to share an app from one machine

d a v e
02-08-2008, 07:52 PM
how about a web cam from a laptop pointed at your machine?? bit crude but one way around it maybe??

davidj
02-08-2008, 08:03 PM
found some software but need a lab rat

dave, ove

help a handsome chap out in an hour of need

davidj
02-08-2008, 08:27 PM
need a volunteer

hands up

mangofreak
02-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Perhaps this is too late, but not long ago I was part of a conversation where we use the following service.

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/t/G2_home/TD/g2m_rlslp?Portal=www.gotomeeting.com&Target=m/g2m_g2HP3lp.tmpl

You can take control of the other person's computer or vice versa. I don't know if that is somthing you would consider, but it worked nicely that day. I usually use Netmeeting by enabling the DMZ on my router and I allow the other person to place a call to me.

just a thought.

Cheers,

domedia
02-10-2008, 07:24 PM
A developer friend told me about crossloop.com yesterday.
He claimed it uses ports that is crucial for operating the machine, so it can't really be blocked by concerned companies you work for.