PDA

View Full Version : thumbnail to larger image in design mode

stubbsieportugal
02-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Hi I am totaly new to this forum and quite new to dreamweaver.
I am building a real estate web site and i am trying to displaty a thumbnail image/ images as a larger image somewhere else on the page im pretty sure it can be done in behaviours but i cant seem to set it up best of all would be a template where i can place the thumbnails in and they automaticaly load as i have a lot of these pages to do i am working in in dreamweaver 8 and i am building my site with layout tables and cells thankyou for any help and advice you can give.
Kind regards
Paul

d a v e
02-08-2008, 10:57 AM
have you looked at something like this
http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/

domedia
02-08-2008, 03:10 PM
I am building a real estate web site and i am trying to displaty a thumbnail image/ images as a larger image somewhere else on the page im pretty sure it can be done in behaviours but i cant seem to set it up best of all would be a template where i can place the thumbnails in and they automaticaly load as i have a lot of these pages to do
Templates is a system for common elements, so they can't be used for making unique content, it's the opposite way around. Unless you want to create a dynamic server side solution to this ( PHP/MySQL for example) which entails learning programming, you're stuck doing this manually I think. The lightbox/thickbox/greybox etc that d a v e suggested is excellent.