PDA

View Full Version : Bad Huffman Code Error

evil_girl
02-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Ok needing some help .. I have opened up a index page in dreamweaver designed by someone else and when the page opens i get a message that says

Corrupt Jpeg data: Bad Huffman Code.

Once you click out of this the page will load but look pixelated and multicolored and you cant even make out what the page should look like.

Does anyone know what this designer may be doing wrong to cause this?

d a v e
02-07-2008, 03:45 PM
ask them to re-save/export the image (from their original work file) and send it again. if you still have problems ask for an uncompressed flattened bitmap in tif, bmp or 24 bit png

something either went pear-shaped in the saving or the sending of the file

evil_girl
02-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Well we are on the same server so the file is just directly uploaded through cute ftp and i loaded it off the server onto my machine so it has to be the saving process...correct?

The question is ..it not being flattened....does that have to do with it being made in photoshop.. i use fireworks only and this person works in photoshop to make images then saves them and then builds their templates in fireworks..

domedia
02-07-2008, 04:21 PM
It can be anything, it sounds like the file is corrupt so just get a new one. Happens every now and then. Maybe just downloading it again from server might even help, if not ask for a new file. :)

evil_girl
02-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Well i can ask for a new one no problem ...

The issue i have is every website this person designs has some kind of corrupt jpeg errors on them and this is the 3rd one so i am tyring to narrow down what they are doing to cause this...

domedia
02-07-2008, 05:53 PM
The issue i have is every website this person designs has some kind of corrupt jpeg errors on them and this is the 3rd one so i am tyring to narrow down what they are doing to cause this...Thanks, it helps us narrow it down as well. Something is wrong on his end. Follow d a v e's excellent advice above.

mangofreak
02-07-2008, 09:14 PM
what happens if you take the image out of the page and open it up on a graphics application like Fireworks or photoshop. Maybe you can fix the image yourself. or post it so we can see what is wrong with it.

Perhaps the "Bad Huffman"was up to no good ;), maybe it's a conspiracy. watch out!!!

d a v e
02-08-2008, 06:22 AM
if it's corrupted on the page it will be corrupted in fireworks an photoshop too! (although i have noticed that PS seems to be pickier than other apps at opening files - or maybe that's just my old version of PS ;)