PDA

View Full Version : Template problem?

anurag751
02-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Hi, Guys
I have DW installed in two PCs, if I make a template on first pc and then using pen drive use that template to make web pages in the other PC, and bring the pages to the first PC then they don't work, the links and images, why it is so and how can I make them work, thanking you

mangofreak
02-07-2008, 02:59 PM
If your file paths are related to the document rather than the root, in this case your hard drive. Then you should be able to re-create your templates on another machine.

anurag751
02-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Mangofreak can u pls elaborate, how can i make it work

mangofreak
02-07-2008, 09:20 PM
when you first create a website, you define it in DW. Assign a folder that will hold your files locally and DW knows about it thhrough the site definitions.

You can copy that folder containing your other sub dirs like images, includes, templates, libraries, and so on, onto a storage device and put it on another computer. Once you have put it on the other computer, just using DW, go to site definitions and assign that folder as your site and should be able to re-create everything you had on the other site.

I did that with many of my sites, put them to my laptop and work from there.

anurag751
02-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Thanks mangofreak, i haven't done that i.e. not taken my website on the other computer, actually i don't want to do that cause the other computer is sought of public computer but i guess now i have to do that but one thing why doesn't the html code work when taken again to the first computer HTML codes are HTML codes right?

mangofreak
02-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Actually, I'm not sure.
If both of your DW are set identically, then there should be no problem. Are they setup like that? at least the site that you are working on.

anurag751
02-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Ya I believe everything is identical, other than the hard drive, i beleive i don't have a D drive on the 2nd pc but i guess that shouldn't matter, the whole site is not on the second pc, i will try and do that 2morrow and let you know what happened

mangofreak
02-08-2008, 05:56 PM
good luck.

anurag751
02-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi, Mangofreak, After taking the whole site to the second pc and defining it, everything works just fine, thank you very much for your help